The Financial Analyst will assist in reconciling and analyzing capital maintenance expenditures as well as forecasting NYRA’s cash position to ensure that adequate liquidity is maintained in NYRA’s bank accounts and the Mutuel department vault. The employee will oversee the Video Lottery Terminal (VLT) bank accounts and will act as a liaison between facility managers and the Finance department regarding current and future capital projects and expenditures. The employee will also work closely with the Horsemen’s Bookkeeper department with respect to purse spending and other analytics. In addition, the employee will review monthly VLT bank reconciliations and related accounting entries for accuracy.
- Oversee all aspects of the VLT bank accounts with a focus on the VLT “capital account.” This includes reconciliation of cash to Lottery gaming reports as well as the monitoring of statutory debt service repayments. Investigate discrepancies and exceptions and make recommendations on solutions.
- Update and analyze capital expenditure reports.
- Analyze expenses, including salaries and benefits, particularly those related to the repair and maintenance of the facilities, including track and fleet.
- Daily/weekly cash flow reporting and forecasting of VLT funds.
- Coordinate and monitor all capital projects on an ongoing basis.
- Manage purse spending from the VLT “purse account”
- Statistical and analytical reporting utilizing various systems such as Great Plains, CHRIMS and InCompass. Analyze and interpret data and trends.
- Review monthly VLT bank account reconciliations and investigate all unexplained variances to the general ledger.
- Develop and maintain a treasury calendar to ensure all tax forms and debt service payments are filed accurately and timely.
- Prepare sales and admission tax returns.
- Other ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelors Degree required, preferable with accounting major. General understanding of accounting principles.
- Excellent computer skills, including excel spreadsheet and database applications.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills, sound judgment and the confidence to take initiative.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Indeed - 18 months ago