Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Hagemeyer North America is a distributor of products and services focusing on business-to-business markets in electrical materials, safety products, and industrial products.
Hagemeyer USA sites are conveniently located to serve local markets throughout the United States. Our strength lies in the ability to serve local customers through the relationships forged by our associates.
Our global reach allows us to provide our global customers with custom-tailored solutions. As a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family, Hagemeyer USA works with Sonepar companies around the world to ensure superior service when and where our customers need it.
We are currently seeking a Fire Pump Specialist to perform the following duties:
- Perform start-up procedure upon new purchase and installation of fire pump and controller package(s).
- Must be able to perform annual fire pump testing which includes a thorough inspection and written analysis of fire pump systems per NFPA 20.
- Fire pump acceptance tests after the purchase of a fire pump and controller
- Fire pump reconditioning and restoration returning pump to acceptable performance levels.
- Fire pump repairs on all makes / types
o ITT A-C, Peerless, Patterson, Fair Banks Morse, Armstrong, Reddy Buffalo, Aurora, Chicago, etc.
o Horizontal Split-Case, Vertical In-Line, Vertical Turbine, End Suction, etc.
- Replacement of bearings, packing, sleeves, impellers, shafts, circulation relief valves, swing bolts, packing glands, and air release valves
- Fire pump top-off inspections
- Adjustment of alignment
- Rotation changes
- PVC Drain line installation
- Coupling guard installation
- Circulating pumps
- Casing relief valves
- Check valves
- Suction & Discharge Gauges
- Annual fire pump controller pre-maintenance inspections of diesel and electric
- Fire pump controller trouble-shooting and repairs.
o Circuit Breakers
- Service both new and vintage fire pump and jockey pump controllers
Fire Pump Driver Repairs:
o Troubleshoot wiring and schematics
- Diesel engine maintenance and repairs
o Replacement of oil, air, fuel, and coolant filters
o Replacement of oil and coolant
o RPM adjustment
o Block heater installation and repair
o Raw water solenoid installation and repair
o 12 and 24 volt installation and repair
o Installation of diesel fuel tanks
- Ability to discuss technical and sales solutions with customers.
- Must have a current driver’s license and a driving record that meets company minimum requirements.
- Have as a minimum of 10 years experience.
- Wear appropriate safety equipment as required including hats and shoes.
- To perform above job functions technicians must be able to lift material up to at least 50lb.
- Work off of elevated platforms such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and areal lift equipment.
- Must be able to work outdoors and in the elements in a live process industrial facility. Conditions may include being exposed to humid or extreme weather conditions.
- Flexible to work after hours and weekends to meet customer deadlines and schedules.
- Able to make after hour call-outs.
- Responsible for keeping direct communication with supervision and providing daily progress reports and any other information needed to satisfy project demands.
- Responsible for maintaining regular attendance, and punctuality. Must be able to comply with customer health & safety procedures.
- Minimum computer skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Obtain certification in Nicet II – Watebased Systems Inspection, Test & Maintenance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.