Life Flight Network (LFN) was founded in 1978 and is one the country’s first air medical transport services. We are not-for-profit, focused on safety and quality and have transported over 90,000 patients throughout our 17 service areas in Oregon, Washington, Idaho and Montana. We are owned and operated by a consortium of Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, and Providence Health & Services-Oregon, and are proud to provide a joined strength of world-class health institutions, unique combination of air and ground ambulances, and highly skilled employees to communities in need.
We are passionate about investing in each one of our employee's success, creating an environment that inspires individuals to reach their highest potential. A few prominent awards we have received include the 2009 Air Medical Program of the Year, 2012’s #1 Large Non Profit Companies to work for and #2 in 2013, Oregon Business Magazine.
We are recruiting for a Full Time Flight Nurse to work at our Butte, Montana location.
Minimum of five (5) years of ICU/ED/Trauma experience within the last ten (10) years. Previous flight experience preferred. Flight experience can be substituted year for year for the ICU/ED/Trauma requirement. Current licensure and/or certification as listed below:
- RN license as appropriate to assigned location
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- Trauma Professional Advanced Trauma Course (TPATC) or Trauma Nursing Core Curriculum (TNCC) certification. Must have successfully completed the TPATC course prior to assuming independent duties; thereafter either TPATC, TNCC, or equivalent must be current
- Certification as a CFRN within one year of hire
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) or Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) strongly preferred until certified as a Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN)
- Completion of Department of Transportation Air Medical Curriculum within six months of hire
- Drivers must have a current, valid driver’s license and at least three years of driving experience.
- Ability to drive a ground ambulance
- Passport and/or Entry into Canada maybe required based on location assignment
- Region II and Region III staff are required to obtain EMT certification within one year of hire.
- Complies with weight restrictions (maximum 250 pounds fully outfitted to perform the job)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate and work with a variety of people one-on-one and in large groups, often in highly stressful situations
- Ability to work varied shifts and cover fixed wing call shifts
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
LFN offers competitive compensation, growth opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life/AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending, Pet Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Time, a generous Paid Time Off plan, and 12 paid Holidays.
LFN is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, childbirth and related medical conditions or occurrences, age and physical or mental disability.
Please apply online at www.lifeflight.org