Food for the Hungry (FH) is a non-profit Christian organization devoted to serving the poor throughout the world. Food for the Hungry goes beyond being a relief and development organization. We are a tested, trusted and innovative partner who walks with the poor in more than 26 countries while reflecting the love of Jesus. FH seeks to walk with churches, leaders, and families in overcoming all forms of human poverty by living in healthy relationship with God and His creation.
- Building user interfaces for websites and internal applications that streamline activities across the ministry, enabling people across the globe to be more effective in serving the poor.
- Refactoring existing front-end website and application code.
- Integrating our websites and applications with back-end data and streamlining the user experience, helping the organization gather resources that we can apply to our work.
- Designing and building a user experience that encourages and facilitates the desired outcomes.
- Solid experience/knowledge with HTML, CSS
- Experience with code versioning systems (Git/Subversion)
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to turn written requirements into working code
- Experience with Sass/LESS, Twitter Bootstrap, Modernizr, Markdown
- Experience consuming RESTful API’s
- Experience with ExpressionEngine, Statamic or Kirby a plus
- Experience with MVC, Ember.js, Laravel and/or CodeIgniter a plus
- This is a contract position (with the potential of full-time employment)
- Ability to be physically on site in the Phoenix office is not required but is preferred
- You must be authorized to work full time in the United States