The Idea People in Charlotte has an immediate full-time position open for a Front End Developer with Wordpress experience. Please be from the Charlotte, NC area with a minimum of 3 years professional experience.
The Idea People front end developer will take our designer's Photoshop files and turn them into digital masterpieces. Many designs will be integrated into Wordpress. Working hand-in-hand with our technology and marketing teams, you should be a team player, skilled at matching strategic direction with appropriate results for the Internet and Web-based marketing initiatives. Attention to detail combined with the ability to stay up-to-date with the latest web technologies is required.
The Idea People - Front End Developer Qualifications
- Keen understanding of the WordPress core software and its functions.
- Understanding of Wordpress coding best practices and security best practices.
- Experience with PHP.
- Solid understanding of designing for the web, including its limitations and challenges (Responsive, mobile, tablet)
- A strong visual eye for design, and the knowledge of applying best practices for the web.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards.
- Knowledge of SEO and web standards.
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience (Ad agency or Corporate/In-house Production a plus).
- Organized and detail-oriented – must be able to quality assess own work.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team or work individually.
- Eager to learn new techniques and technologies.
- Produce cutting-edge front-end development code that provides for the ultimate return on a client's financial investment.
- Staying on top of industry tools, trends and ideas to be used in overall cohesiveness, functionality and appearance of websites. Current examples include responsive designs, sticky footers, social media widgets, jQuery Sliders, navigation tools, page layout templates, etc.
- Collaborate with website designers, developers, management and other team members to develop, maintain and produce websites for clients in multiple industries.
- Create responsive email broadcasts including deployment through programs from Mailchimp to Campaign Monitor.
Strong organization, attention to detail, communication and ability to provide conceptual and strategic solutions. This is a wonderful opportunity for you to make contributions to our company on a daily basis, collaborate on both small, medium and large web community sites, become a genuine part of a real team, and have your creativity be both “seen and heard”. You must also possess a sense of humor, enjoy an open work environment, partake in occasional company-paid lunches and events, thrive in a creative loft-style office suite, and absorb all of the “trappings” that a cool agency environment enjoys.
- Ability to Hand-code HTML & CSS to web standards in all major browsers.
- Understanding and respect for web standards, validation, compatibility and prior experience with associated testing tools.
- Wordpress coding.
- Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Mobile web and/or app experience (iOS, Android and Hybrid).
- Marketing knowledge or background.
- Previous agency experience.
- Video editing skills.
About The Position
- Full-Time Position.
- Excellent Salary.
- Fully-Paid Company Health Insurance.
- Company-Paid Vacations and Holidays.
- Company-Paid Conference Attendance.
Who are The Idea People?
The Idea People are a web technologies & marketing firm. Since 1994, we have excelled in combining creative web design with speed-to-market technology applications. We thrive on inventing new ways to help our clients make more money. Our company founders actually work in, around, and on the business every day just as they did 19 years ago. We didn't invent team and client collaboration or a fast-moving work environment...it just happened as a result of the type of work that we do. Check out our website to see the full story on our journey from Greenville, SC to Atlanta to Charlotte...it's a fantastic read.
Indeed - 14 months ago