In this full-time position you'll be part of a good-sized, hard-working, effective team that is responsible for producing numerous sites and apps for a wide variety of clients. We have designers and back end developers for each project and more than enough challenges to keep you completely engaged and operating at your peak. We fully expect a successful applicant to do excellent CSS as well as contribute ideas and solutions that will directly enhance the user experience of our sites and online tools.
You need to have experience in creating well-structured, table-free pages using XHTML/CSS stylesheets and have a deep understanding of CSS best practices. Like the rest of the world, you'll still have to deal with IE6 for a little while, and standards-compliant, cross-browser supported XHTML and CSS2 is a must. But you'll also get to immediately work with CSS3/HTML5.
You will need to apply all of your knowledge and experience to develop websites, blogs, mobile/iOS apps. And you will be able to help take projects from start to finish -- Estimating to Proposal to Wireframes to Prototypes to Testing to Live -- in the context of a complete interactive team structure.
We're looking for full-time team members; and you gotta work on site. There's some basic info below. If that sounds good, share some links to your work and and let's talk.
Responsibilities: you need to...
- Work with your development teams to identify, propose and deliver optimal solutions
- Discuss the pros and cons of different options internally and with clients
- Understand and manage the needs of designers and developers -- and give them viable alternatives
- Monitor and communicate project status to team leaders
- Work within project estimates and timelines to accomplish proposed objectives
- Develop wireframes to communicate and illustrate functionality
- Create prototypes and templates for dynamic websites from approved PSD files (but clients are involved, so things change)
- Build & edit custom WordPress themes
Requirements: must have...
- Flexible thinking and problem solving
- Experience coding from scratch (applying WP themes doesn't count)
- Understanding of and abilty to read basic PHP
- Attention to detail and excellent time-management skills - ie. there will be several simultaneous projects
- Ability to multi-task -- ie. there will be several simultaneous projects
- Ability to handle graphics optimally and intelligently
- Ability to optimize web sites for consistent viewing across various OS platforms and browsers
- Ability to communicate clearly with team members
- Ability to estimate your time involvement in various projects
- Ability to self-test work to ensure best practices and highest quality
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Experience -- at least 3 years -- or indisputable proof that you have what it takes
- HTML5/CSS3 -- specifically with regards to WebKit browsers and mobile apps : )
- Dynamic CSS -- SASS, LESS, PHP, other...
- iOS app experience (Xcode and its interface builder)
- Knowledge and understanding of search engine optimization techniques
- Experience using a variety of CMS systems
- Experience publishing in standard social media channels
- Flash development
- Design skills (from scratch and/or rough sketches)
- Other (you name it)