JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for analyzing oil, gas and natural gas liquids revenue settlement transactions; reviewing and comparing revenue decks, division order title opinions, settlements and royalty interests; analyzing gas balancing records; verifying well production; preparing summary schedules; and performing special assignments.
1. Analyze oil, gas and natural gas liquids revenue settlement transactions to determine proper recording of payments to wells; search for missing payments relative to outstanding accruals.
2. Review and compare revenue decks, division order title opinions, settlements and royalty interests to determine accurate recordings of working and revenue interests; make associated record recommendations and communicate with internal departments as needed.
3. Analyze gas balancing records for over and under deliveries of gas to determine the effectiveness of marketing agreements; notify the marketing groups when no sales occur.
4. Verify well production against various producer and state reports for wells that have outstanding accruals.
5. Prepare missing revenues summary schedules and create reports of corrections or adjustments that are needed to clear outstanding accruals.
6. Perform special assignments relating to accounts receivable, joint interest expenditures, mineral management audits, and non-operator audits.
7. Perform related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word applications.
- Skill in working and interacting with personnel at all organizational levels.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new concepts and principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- A minimum of two years of revenue recording experience.
- Accredited Petroleum Accountant Certification or study preferred.