Graphic Design Supervisor - Contract
Supervisor leads a team of Graphic Designers and manages the daily project schedule providing creative direction and demonstrating exceptional organizational skills while adhering to all timelines and due dates. Projects can include overseeing style guide(s), daily assignments, managing assets, packaging mock-ups and images, posters, banners, website art, PlaceIQ art, and other marketing/consumer product needs while ensuring successful on-time delivery. This is a full time in-house contract position.
Our ideal candidate is smart, creative, and innovative with a passion for great design. He/she needs to have the ability to learn and grow. They are detail oriented and an outstanding communicator with strong oral and written abilities and thrive in a fast pace environment.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise staff in-house.
- Develop and design marketing deliverables that support the marketing team, sales force, and consumer goods (packaging) collateral. Deliverables include, but are not limited to, promotional collateral, packaging, advertising, website design, tradeshow booth content and graphics, videos, presentations, graphics for social media promotions.
- Drive implementation of branding standards and manage the visual interaction of products, messages and campaigns within the corporate brand
- Oversee all projects from creative conception through completion in a timely manner
- Responsible for communicating all requests and creative direction to Designers
- Maintain style guides and art assets
- Direct packaging requirements from design, printing process and proofing.
- Create and design various marketing and promotional materials such as brochures, pamphlets, magazine ads, catalogs, banners, Tradeshow materials and graphics, etc.
- Oversee various consumer goods packaging mock-ups, and other CPG art needs
- Oversee all design projects and help to create consistency and quality in branding and packaging.
- Final Proof all designs
- Keep Management apprised of all projects and updates
- Will have a very strong understanding of current and future design trends
Desired skills & experience:
- Must have 10 + years of Project Management experience in a creative environment.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Art Degree in Design, related course study or equivalent experience
- Consumer products knowledge is a must
- Ability to work against short deadlines; be detailed oriented; Quality assurance driven
- Experience with online and print design required (Adobe suite, Illustrator required)
- Extensive knowledge and proficiency with all Microsoft office tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects at a time
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have the ability to develop creative solutions in a timely manor
- Proficient in design programs within Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator (PC and Mac versions)
- Possess both a team work and “can do” attitude.
- Enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- The ability to handle multiple projects utilizing cross-functional teams.
Bonus skill set:
- Front-end technologies (HTML, CSS)
- Basic Video editing knowledge with the ability to give direction
Indeed - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Based in Burbank, California, Dick Van Patten’s Natural Balance Pet Foods® was founded in 1989 with the philosophy of providing...