POSITION: Graphic Designer for Communications
REPORTS TO: Director of Communications
STAFF CLASSIFICATION: Staff 3
MINISTRY OVERVIEW: The Graphic Designer is an innovative, forward-thinking, and accomplished layout/design artist who creatively and collaboratively translates ideas, concepts, and messages into consistently powerful and engaging visual expressions for print and digital platforms. These fresh expressions should compel people to engagement and action as they grow in their discipleship, living to make Jesus visible through the ministry of First Presbyterian Church San Antonio.
1. Provides graphic design and layout for digital and print internal church-wide weekly, ongoing, monthly, and seasonal marketing deliverables, including the order of worship, announcements insert, e-blasts, website content updates, logos, news magazine, annual church events and worship services collateral, ministry guides.
2. Provides graphic design and layout for digital and print external marketing deliverables, including advertisements, signage, billboards, banners, social media, brochures, and flyers.
3. Helps review, proof, and edit content for layout.
4. Provides creative support, collaboration, and consultation to ministry areas (including the contemporary worship service), with thoughtful, engaging, and effective deliverables.
5. With guidance from the Director of Communications, establishes processes for churchwide branding and project deadlines.
6. With the Media and Technical Services Coordinator, develops and maintains church photo library.
7. Works as a part of the church communications team.
8. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
1. Education: college degree in graphic design/communications-related area or equivalent experience.
2. Work experience: two or more years of graphic design/communications or marketing-communications agency experience preferred.
3. Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.), WordPress or equivalent content management system (CMS), HTML, Microsoft Publisher, Media Shout, and ability to work on Mac and PC platforms (Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers, PowerPoint/Keynote). Photography skills a plus.
4. Ability to make use of test marketing and research to effectively reach our target audiences.
5. Must be collaborative, creative, show design initiative and innovation, be able to meet deadlines, have strong communications skills (verbal and written), and have a keen eye for detail and editorial/visual design care.
6. A growing and personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a commitment to serve by living to make Jesus visible through the ministry of First Presbyterian Church, and a teachable, caring, collegial, and compassionate spirit.
FPC offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit resume, with cover letter and link to online portfolio. Resumes will be accepted through March 15, 2014.