Advantech Industries Inc. is a contract manufacturer providing sheet metal and precision CNC machined parts and assemblies to the medical, defense, aerospace, scientific instrumentation and electronics industries. We are looking to immediately fill a Grinder position. Hours are Monday – Friday 7:30am – 4:00pm. All eligible candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of experience minimum.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direct supervision of the Grinding Group Leader, the Grinder/Deburrer is responsible for grinding and deburring, as well as handling parts.
- Sets up and operates one or more centerless grinding machines to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal work pieces.
- Sets up and controls operation of computerized deburring and tooling machine to perform series of machining operations, such as drilling, chamfering, and deubrring.
- Will move, count, tag and pack parts.
- Reads blueprint and job order for product specifications, such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground, and tooling instructions, such as grinding and deburring speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures and machines to be used
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- With limited supervision and quality work ethic, functions as a member of a customer-driven quality team whose goal is to ensure that product quality requirements established by the customer have been achieved.
- Holds oneself accountable for doing whatever is needed to meet the commitments made around project outcomes.
- Maintains adequate levels of performance and motivation despite job tasks that are routine, repetitive, and/or non-stimulating.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directives.
- Ability to work well under pressure, to adhere to deadlines and the ability to be flexible.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of specific equipment to be operated.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep record of time spent and material used.
- Ability to use precision measuring tools and equipment, read drawings and blueprints, and be familiar with common machine tools.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
401 (k) Plan
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Established in 2002, Advantech Industries is a full-service sheet metal fabrication and assembly facility located in Rochester, NY. A...