The Guest Service Manager is responsible for ensuring the operations of the Front Office, Concierge, and Guest Services are in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. They are a working supervisory in respects to all front office departments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four Year College Degree is preferred, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certification preferred: Certification as required by franchise.
- Previous supervisory experience in a hotel preferred.
- Previous Marriott experience preferred.
- Financial knowledge required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work-exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand for long hours at a time.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral and written.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressured situations including the ability to handle guest complaints and disputes and resolve them to satisfactory results.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic function.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of a particular need.
Duties and Functions:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all department policies and procedures, and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff.
- Comply at all times with Peachtree Hotel Group standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous, and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Respond to all guest requests, problems, complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through reservation, comment cards, letters and/or phone calls in an attentive, efficient, and courteous manner. Follow-up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate, coach, counsel and discipline all team members according to Peachtree Hotel standards.
- Develop team member morale and ensure all team members are fully trained.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Ability to analyze variances, monitor credit card report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Review Guest Service staff’s time sheets and submit to accounting in a timely basis.
- Prepare team member schedules according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Be able to recruit staff with competent personnel.
- Ensure no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Ability to perform all jobs within the Front Desk, Bell Staff, and P. B. X. Departments, when needed.
- Work closely with accounting on follow-up items, i.e. returned checks, rejected credit cards, team member discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the front office system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P. B. X. console (telephone system) and ensure that team members maintain Peachtree Hotel Group SOP’s for its use.
- Assist in preparation of revenue and occupancy forecasts.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain constant communication with Housekeeping, Reservations, and Credit Manager.
- Maintain lobby and front desk presence during peak hours as needed.
- Manage and organize large turn days (including guest check-ins and check-outs).
- Maintain safety deposit boxes per Peachtree Hotel Group standards.
- Monitor out-to-order, out-of-service, and show rooms.
- Manage sell-out opportunities; review arrivals report, and check on rooms’ inventory.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Be familiar with all brand specific programs and the procedures for each. Ensure that team members are knowledgeable in understanding and implementing the programs.
- Have knowledge and understanding of all policies and procedures, including the Fair Treatment Policy and Equal Opportunity, and communicate and enforce all policies fairly and consistently with staff.
- Be knowledgeable about the accident prevention program, including safety committee, education/enforcement, and communication of safety issues through department meetings.
- Effectively manage emergency situations, i.e. fire, bomb threat, inclement weather, robbery, guest illness and/or accident.
- Be able to develop, implement, and maintain an effective guest relations program utilizing aggressive hospitality, guest comment forms, and guest response programs.
- Control department expenses to achieve budgeted profit.
- Have a working knowledge of night audit responsibilities and procedures.
Indeed - 12 months ago