The store lead is responsible for overall operations and performance of the affiliate ReStore in Groveland, FL.
To develop and strive to achieve the annual budget for the ReStore. Supervise, schedule, train and motivate all staff members including volunteers. Will need to be a strong leader in customer service, daily sales, quality control of merchandise, safety, security and maintenance of the facility and Habitat property. Will participates in ReStore marketing activities, while working closely with the ReStore Director to include sales technique , special projects, store issues and responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
Required 3- 5 years retail and/or customer service management experience. To have and demonstrate outstanding communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills. To be able to work with people of all races, and religious denominations. Ability to perform task in a timely fashion while staying committed to safety for all staff, volunteers, customers and donors. To be computer literate and ability to operate office and store equipment as required.
1. To work with and support other affiliate staff to ensure overall mission fulfillment.
2. Follow establishes policies and procedures for safe, secure and high quality performance of all aspects of ReStore activities.
3. To monitor and train staff members and volunteers, while establishing annual performance goals and budgets.
4. Establish proper pricing and inventory practices for local consumer market base while maintaining Habitat Restore standards. To oversee and monitor pricing on a weekly basis and adjust as necessary within set mark down policies.
5. Oversee store display arrangements of items for best utilization of sales floor space and inventory turnover of aging stock.
6. Coordinate truck schedules, evaluate salability of donated merchandise and contact donors to verify donations received.
7. Track sales data to better understand customer demand while developing a positive donor base to assure repeat customers.
8. Maintain daily sales records, cash outs and banking records for the ReStore, utilize appropriate computer systems/program to assure records are correctly kept and sent in to office manager. Monitor and control all petty cash issues.
9. Develop good working relationships with other area ReStore managers to identify “best practices” and programs that are mutually beneficial.
10. To handle and defuse challenging situations with tact, and demonstrate good conflict resolution skill.
11. Review time cards to ensure they meet set standards, to monitor work schedules and employee overtime.
12. Ensure that all store supplies are adequate for staff and proper store operations.
Habitat for Humanity of Lake Sumter, FL (HFHLS) has 4 ReStores with the Groveland Store being situated NW of Orlando, FL by 25 miles. The position reports to the Director of ReStore Operations. HFHLS is an equal opportunity employer and we are especially looking for applicants who have prior Habitat store lead experience.