Wagner Equipment Co., the Caterpillar dealer for Colorado, New Mexico and far west Texas, is seeking applications for safety conscious Diesel Mechanics / Heavy Equipment Technicians. Experienced technicians work with minimal direct supervision in diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing CAT equipment at the shop and customer’s site.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Maintains truck and crane inspection logs on a daily basis
- Completes CAT service reports daily that are legible, have proper grammar and sentence structure, and the appropriate SIMS code
- Transmits photos, timecards, service reports, and other information through e-mail
- Maintains good customer records on jobs that have been assigned
- Maintains credit card receipts for accounting purposes
- Works with the Service Department, Product Support Representatives, and Sales department to meet all of the customer’s needs
- Communicates with customers on the diagnosis and status of repairs, parts and other concerns
- Teaches and coaches other technicians in the field
- Promotes Wagner Equipment Co. to customers
- Accurately troubleshoots and repairs CAT equipment the first time.
- Reads, understands and applies electrical and hydraulic schematics to repair work
- Safely rigs or hooks components for lifting
- Removes, repairs, and installs major components in varying configurations of equipment
- Maintains tooling in good working order as per MSHA and OSHA regulations
- Makes determinations in the field on warranty repair and guidelines, communicating decisions to customer and dispatcher
- Maintains service vehicle in safe and good repair
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Education Required: High school diploma or GED and relevant CAT accredited courses
Minimum Experience Required: Five + years experience servicing heavy equipment
Ability to work independently with little or no direction
Well-rounded knowledge of CAT equipment
Microsoft Word - Basic
DBS - Intermediate
ET / SIS /
SIS Web / STW – Intermediate
Wagner offers great benefits including medical/dental/ vision insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement and more.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA employer.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Since 1976, Wagner sells and rents quality Cat machines used in heavy construction, building construction, mining, waste handling, paving,...