Helicopter Mechanic – Full Time
Life Flight Network is a not-for-profit medical transport service focused on Safety, Quality, and Service, and is one of the country’s oldest, most respected air ambulance providers, founded in 1978. Thirty-five years later, LFN has safely transported over 90,000 patients and serves 16 locations in Oregon, Washington and Idaho. Owned and operated by the consortium of Oregon Health & Science University, Legacy Emanuel Medical Center, Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, and Providence Health & Services-Oregon, LFN is able to provide a joined strength of world-class health institutions, unique combination of air and ground ambulances, and highly skilled employees to communities in need.
We are passionate about investing in each one of our employee's success, creating an environment that inspires individuals to reach their highest potential. A few prominent awards we are honored to have received include the 2009 Air Medical Program of the Year and 2012’s #1 Large Top 100 Non Profit Companies to work for by Oregon Business Magazine.
The Helicopter Mechanic provides onsite maintenance support for Life Flight Network (LFN) aircraft including management of base inventory, planning and scheduling aircraft maintenance, maintenance of the base library and LFN owned ground support equipment. This position is also responsible for aviation maintenance including assisting in planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services for LFN in compliance with LFN’s FAA Part 135 air carrier certificate.
On behalf of TriState CareFlight Life Flight Network is currently recruiting for two (2) Full Time Helicopter Base Mechanics in the following locations; La Grande and Pendleton, Oregon and two (2) Full Time Float Mechanics; one position will be assigned to the - Lewiston and Sandpoint, Idaho Bases, the second position will be assigned to the Eugene, Oregon and Longview, Washington bases.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Completion of two years of an Aviation Science trade or vocational school, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five years as Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification
- Inspection Authorization Certification preferred
- Responsible for having a thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
- Three years of FAR 135 turbine rotorcraft maintenance experience
- Three years’ experience working for an EMS helicopter program preferred
- Maintenance experience on AW119 desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Analytical abilities sufficient to handle complex technical and administrative issues
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong work ethic with team-oriented approach
- Must pass background check and pre-employment DOT drug test
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization
- Able to take initiative, creating, implementing and improving procedures
- Travel by personal or company vehicle throughout LFN’s service area is required. Must possess a valid Driver’s license and automobile in good repair. Must provide proof of auto insurance and meet Driver’s Policy requirements
All candidates are subject to drug screening, background investigation and physical.
TSCF offers competitive compensation, growth opportunities, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life/AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, Long Term Care, Flexible Spending, Tuition Reimbursement, Volunteer Time, and a generous Paid Time Off plan.
TSCF and LFN are committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, national origin, pregnancy, genetic information, childbirth and related medical conditions or occurrences, age and physical or mental disability.