Founded in 1838, The Pennington School is an independent, coeducational school serving day and boarding students in grades 6 through 12. Total student enrollment is approximately 485, of which 25% are boarding students.
We are seeking a Help Desk Support Technician, reporting to the Director of Information Technology. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as the first point of contact for support calls and walk-in help requests from students, faculty, and staff.
- Resolve routine and minor technical issues and assign resolution of problems to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- Manage Help Desk tickets from inception through completion. Doing so may involve assigning tickets, coordinating resolution between tech personnel and end users, and follow-up with end user after ticket has been closed.
- Complete routine maintenance checklists on School-owned equipment, including networked printers, UPS batteries, lab computers, and laptop carts.
- Assist with the management of student and faculty iPads, including resolving issues, issuing loaners, and managing inventory.
- Assist with the research and planning for new equipment purchases.
- Assist with the technology projects and implementations as assigned by the Director.
The position requirements are:
- A technical degree or certification and/or two or more years of related experience.
- Experience troubleshooting issues with iOS mobile devices, Macs, PCs, and printers.
- Experience with Google Apps and Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to wired and wireless networking technologies.
The ideal candidate will have skills and qualifications of:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer support skills.
- Ability to work both with a team and independently.
- Ability to work comfortably with adults and students who have various levels of technical proficiency.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
This position is located at our 54-acre Pennington, NJ, campus and is full-time with benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
The Pennington School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 19 months ago