Hotel General Manager:
As General Manager, you will create and maintain customer-driven operations with a vision that inspires hotel associates to do their best. You will oversee the quality process to ensure guest satisfaction by consistent delivery of both product quality and service to achieve the hotel's financial objectives. This position requires experience in all phases of hotel management, including sales and marketing, human resources, food and beverage, budget/forecast management, rooms, housekeeping and maintenance.
Managing Property Operations and Department Budgets
- Prepare for QA audits.
- Review and follow-up on property GSS scores and comments.
- Act as a project manager for the execution of capital improvements * * Walk the property to ensure public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness/maintenance standards.
- Manage the implementation of major brand standards.
- Delegate responsibilities for operations and projects to appropriate level of associate.
- Managing and Sustaining Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Work with Market Sales to establish property sales strategy, goals, and action plans.
- Identify and champion creative marketing solutions that fit the brand and property needs.
- Manage relationships with decision makers at top accounts.
- Develop innovative means for capturing new streams of revenue through property amenities.
- Interact with in-house guests to prospect for new sources of business.
- Identify key revenue generating stakeholders and customers and communicate information to sales offices.
- Coach and reinforce associate selling strategies that take advantage of property amenities.
- Participate in and host customer recognition events to drive sales.
- Understand and leverage sales and marketing advantages over competitor properties within market.
- Strong operational background with excellent communication skills and presentation.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to delegate and handle multiple priorities
- Update and communicate profit forecasts to associates/managers.
- Initiate action to support property revenue and profitability goals.
- Review and sign off on invoices.
- Consolidate reports needed for period-end review.
- Review property performance on period basis with Regional Manager.
Maintaining Revenue Management Goals
- Manage the relationship with the revenue management office.
- Review and work with appropriate revenue management reports.
- Balance inventory to ensure same-day sellouts.
Education and Experience
4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Local candidates are strongly preferred.
Available to work when needed, including weekends, holidays, and nights.