Tully Rinckey PLLC, seeks an experienced Human Resources Coordinator to join its Albany, NY, team.
Tully Rinckey PLLC, is a full service law firm based in Albany, NY with offices in Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, Syracuse, NY, and Buffalo, NY. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine).
This position will be directly responsible to the Human Resources Manager for the administrative function and the Chief Financial Officer for the payroll function. This is an administrative/clerical position with the following assigned duties:
- The job primarily includes coordinating work inside the HR department. He/She maintains a detailed record on all of the employees, the turnover, and researches and formulates strategies which effectively aid in employee retention;
- The coordinator is also responsible for communicating company policies and procedures, and whenever necessary, assisting employees with the interpretation of them; primarily the Standard Operating Procedure including all updates;
- Assist in the preparation of Offer Letters to prospective employees and request Background Checks for all new hires;
- Setting up New Hire Training Schedules, calendaring all time slots, monitoring the completion of the training and arranging for rescheduling and additional training when required;
- Preparation of New Hire Training Packages for all new employees including all documentation necessary to onboard new hires;
- Complete Benefit Administration of medical, dental, life, long term disability, 401K, all enrollments and cancellations and monthly reconciliation of accounts to carrier billing;
- Maintenance of all employee files for State and Federal requirements of documentation retention and auditing purposes;
- Payroll processing and maintaining time and attendance data through the firm’s payroll systems;
- Updating spreadsheets for various HR purposes requiring knowledge of Excel, Word and other related software;
- Working on employee evaluations and calendaring dates for managers to allow for self-evaluations and final evaluations;
- To assist in carrying out the duty of conducting employee recognition activities like service honors and 'Employee of the Year' awards; and any and all employee event related functions within the offices;
- Working through our benefits carriers to develop programs for employee wellness and health reporting to comply with benefit program requirements;
Preparation of monthly power point management reports on Human Resources matters;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
The Human Resources coordinator will assist in the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes employee engagement, quality client services, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the ongoing development of a superior workforce. The coordinator will help with the implementation of services, policies and procedures with the Human Resources Manager and Executive Committee of the firm.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience with increasing responsibilities within a professional services firm.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or a related field.
- Must have previous experience using ADP, Paychex or similar payroll system. Also must have previous experience with benefit administration, COBRA, FMLA, EEO, new hire orientation, and employee evaluation preparation and processing.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; extreme confidentiality is required.
- Background in employee mediation, labor relations and all Federal, State and local employment laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of hiring, classification, benefits, and labor relations.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to work with all levels of management and staff.
Tully Rinckey, PLLC, has made a strong commitment to excellence, teamwork, diversity and personal/professional development. We strive to create a positive work environment that attracts and retains employees through a combination of benefits, working conditions and company culture.
Tully Rinckey, PLLC, offers a competitive compensation package including 401k and a comprehensive benefit package.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements. If you are interested and need more information prior to applying, please view our website at www.tullylegal.com.