Reporting to the Human Resources Director and Assistant General Counsel, Human Resources, the HR Manager will perform Human Resources related duties at the professional level and carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, labor relations, employment and recruitment, and training.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Partner with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Conduct timely, effective, thorough and objective investigations to resolve moderate to complex employee relations/labor relations issues. Represent the company for any unemployment claims.
- Represent management in grievance meetings and arbitrations.
- Assist with interviews and screens. Review applications and assist in the recruitment and on-boarding process. Conduct new hire orientations.
- Assist in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Facilitate and or provide training to the workforce.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of Human Resources experience OR a Master’s degree in Human Resources Management and two (2) years of experience in the HR field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR certification a plus.
- Knowledge of labor and employment law and Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Proven ability to coach employees and management through complex issues and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to multi-task are essential.
- Familiarity/expertise with FLSA, FMLA, UI, EEOC preferred.
- Ability to work at both down state NYRA properties (Aqueduct Racetrack & Belmont Park) with occasional travel to Saratoga Race Course.
Indeed - 10 months ago