Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Manager – Boston, MA
Please e-mail resume with salary requirements.
Description: Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager Job Purpose: Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Human Resource Manager Job Duties:
- Working as part of a National HR team.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by working with the recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counsels’ managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Provide counsel to managers in all issues of performance management, including corrective action, terminations, promotions, pay changes, etc.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Manage workers’ compensation claims to the insurance carrier and process the necessary paperwork
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Monitor employee turnover, including gathering of exit data and making recommendations for appropriate action.
- Manage branch personnel files; including audits
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills/Qualifications: Hiring, Human Resources Management, Benefits Administration, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organization
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PHR or SPHR Certification preferred.
Indeed - 16 months ago
We don't know whether any Celtics coaches call on BostonCoach, but the company does provide car and bus transportation for business...