Established Albany, NY, based law firm with offices throughout upstate NY and the DC metropolitan area is seeking an HR Manager to join its team in the firm's Syracuse office. This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Business Review in Albany and Washington, DC.
The HR Manager is responsible for working with firm management to implement HR practices that promote a positive firm culture and high caliber workforce that will foster long term and strategic growth. The Human Resources manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the entire spectrum of HR functions planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Originate and lead practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, continuous improvement, quality, productivity, and goal attainment.
- Conduct and maintain firm's employee evaluation program and mentoring program;
- Conduct management and employee training for all labor relations, sexual harassment, discrimination and FMLA topics.
- Participate in interviews as required and assisting managers in the hiring process;
- Check applicant references, background screening and initiating needed paperwork;
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serving as liaison between insurance carriers and employees; administer and keep information on benefits and compensation up-to-date; COBRA benefit administration;
- Schedule and administer New Hire Training & Orientation of all new employees in all offices;
- On boarding of all new hires to include overseeing the firm's new hire training schedule and completion of required Federal and State paperwork;
- Administration of company payroll through third-party processor for all offices;
- Administer programs for employee safety, welfare and wellness/health benefits;
- Revise HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation;
- Develop personnel policies, maintain and update policy manuals, organizational charts and handbooks as required;
- Occasional travel to satellite offices is required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of Human Resources experience. OR
- Master' degree in Human Resources Management and two 2 years of experience in the HR field.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Must have previous experience using ADP, Paychex or similar payroll system. Also must have previous experience with benefit administration, COBRA, new hire orientation, and employee evaluation preparation and processing.
- Strong technical skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, HRIS systems) are also necessary.
Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter including salary requirements via email. Responses to this ad with omitted requirements will not be considered.
Benefits include firm subsidized medical coverage, dental, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), standard vacation and holidays. Clear employment history and personal references (3) will be required. A Background Check and Screening will be completed on all final applicants.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in applying for this position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 20 months ago