Human Resource Coordinator - Slaton, TX
Slaton Care Center is looking for an experienced Human Resources Coordinator. The Human Resources Coordinator will have experience with payroll, interviewing and hiring new employees, and advising employees and management staff on policies/procedures, state, and federal labor laws. Experience working in a long term care environment is desired but not required.
- A minimum of 2 years of Human Resource and/or Payroll experience.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and works within deadlines.
- Ability to comply with the Company's and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to sort and distribute incoming mail.
- Maintain employee files in accordance to Federal Labor regulations, Department of Health Services, & Facility policy.
- Enter new hires; pay rate changes, termination information into the computer for all employees.
- Review applications/resumes; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant qualifications.
- Advise managers, supervisors and employees on human resource policies.
- Assist departments with personnel/payroll related inquiries; advise and assist on current departmental HR procedures related to employee records; coordinate activities and acts as liaison between departments and general staff.
- Provide information and consultation regarding employment issues, e.g. transfers, promotion/demotion, reduction-in-force, placement, independent contractor status, etc.
- Oversee employee events to ensure adherence to the Employee Recognition Guidelines.
- Prepare, maintain or monitor various personnel and risk management programs/files.
- Perform a variety of responsible office support work such as composing confidential correspondence and resolutions; preparation of spreadsheets and data entry.
- Interprets applies and explains Company policies, and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Maintaining accurate records and files.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations affecting human resources.
- Experience using payroll database.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect, credibility, and integrity.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills.
We look forward to hearing from you! Slaton Care Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Indeed - 8 months ago