Posting Title |
iOS Develoepr Horizon Mobile Team
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
Why work for our Division
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing, China.
We are looking for talented engineers with strong iOS and/or Mac OSX development experience to join our Horizon Mobile Engineering Team. Engineers on this team possess expertise in many different mobile platforms. Our Horizon Mobile team members are extremely accomplished, collaborative, and agile. They share a passion for developing and releasing innovative products that change the way people work!
You will work with our teams in the US and Europe to deliver the next generation mobile application platform. You will also work closely with other VMware teams to provide software development leadership and expertise.
- Design and development of client- side components for VMware’s next generation end –user products
- Work closely with user experience and back-end server teams to define best possible user experience and cutting edge functionality
- Work with local and global teams to define requirements, designs, and implementation
- Senior engineer on a very strong team of mobile and management platform software engineers
- Platform expert on iOS or Mac OSX
- Help define best practices as used by Apple and industry
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience with a proven track record of success
- Strong awareness of best practices, patterns and tools for iOS and/or Mac OSX development
- Proven track record of delivering high quality products with a focus on engineering disciplines and user experience
- Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment
- Experience working with local and remote teams
- 5+ years of mobile software development experience
- 2+ years of hands-on iOS development with proven App Store deliverables
- Strong hands-on experience interacting with services via RESTful-based calls
Cambridge, MA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
VMware is the leader in cloud infrastructure, business mobility and virtualization software. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and...