Have a passion for mobile development on iOS and want to join a small team where you can play a pivotal role in an app used by millions? You may have just found a perfect opportunity.
Scribd is already one of the largest applications on the web, and now we are making an aggressive push into mobile. We have apps for iPhone and iPad in the app store, but they are only the first step in a much larger vision we are working to achieve.
Scribd's vision is to be the world's digital library, and we want to make our library the most comprehensive, accessible, and fun to use store of knowledge for every device. To do that, we need to make an amazing reader for all kinds of written content, get offline & syncing exactly right, and build a content discovery experience that always find you something you actually want to read.
You can check out what we've built so far at the link below. We have millions of users already but only a tiny team supporting both an iPhone and iPad app. We're going to need more help to get to our vision.
Scribd iOS app on the App Store
You should have
- Prior knowledge of Objective C, and Mac development or iOS development
- Objective-C based projects you've worked on that you can share with us (do not need to be in an app store)
- Prior work experience as a software engineer, internships OK
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of scalability, systems engineering, and algorithms
- Great product sense and design sense
- Knowledge of the following iOS frameworks: Core Data, Core Graphics, Core Animation
- Experience building apps in the general reading space, such as eBooks, news, and PDF apps
- Experience with web development, ability to work on back-end development as well
- Experience working on large-scale or popular iOS apps
- Understanding of memory management, C/C++ development
To apply: Please send your cover letter and resume with the subject " Your name - iOS Developer - via Scribd.com" to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Resumes for engineering roles are reviewed directly by a senior member of our engineering team within 24 hours. If you're not sure which engineering role to apply for, just make your best guess. We'd love to hear from you!
Scribd - 18 months ago