As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in the country - Quidsi, Inc., a subsidiary of Amazon, owns and operates nine websites, most well-known being Diapers.com (baby care) and Soap.com (health, beauty and household essentials), and also BeautyBar.com, Wag.com, Casa.com, YoYo.com, Vine.com, AfterSchool.com and Bookworm.com. We like to work hard and play hard, always striving to improve our business, our people, our culture and the experience for our customers.
This position is for an engineer looking to build, to deliver, and to impress. You will be part of a small team charged with creating, building and improving iPhone, iPad, and Android apps, and well as mobile optimized experiences for all nine of the consumer sites. Mobile is a core strategic goal for the company and its fastest growing channel. You are passionate about mobile computing and want to disrupt the world of application development on mobile and tablet devices. You want to build rich customer experiences, utilizing to the fullest possible extent all the cool hardware on the device. You want to work on projects that require creative thinking and deep understanding of the problem space. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution. Last but not the least; you have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and architecture.
- Architect, design, build and operate scalable software systems and services for mobile and tablet devices for iOS and/or Android.
- Propose, prototype and evaluate multiple areas of optimization for our e-commerce applications and mobile-optimized sites.
- Build and deliver high availability/high reliability software on time.
- Build and deliver secure, scalable, and low-latency services and mobile applications.
- Provide hands-on code contribution and shipping responsibility - libraries, API's, documentation.
- Meet with Marketing and Merchandising stakeholders to define functional solutions for business problems
- 2+ years professional experience in software development
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object oriented design, data structures, algorithms - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in at least one modern object oriented language such as Objective C, C++, Java or C#
- Demonstrated ability to manage expectations, meet firm deadlines and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- Experience building complex mobile applications on iOS or Android platforms that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience developing HTML5 applications optimized for mobile devices.
- Bachelor's or masters degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles coupled with a “don’t make me think” understanding of usability.
- Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills; high-fidelity prototyping experience is a plus.
- Ability to write technical and non-technical specs for programmers
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, web services, UNIX, middleware and databases
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues
- Proven track record of delivery
Quidsi Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Soap.com - 19 months ago