The iOS Engineer Intern will gain invaluable experience in iOS development, Objective-C and iOS API This internship offers the unique opportunity to acquire a deep understanding of application development on the iOS platform.
At Grooveshark, we believe everyone should have access to the music they love. You will be joining a dedicated, energetic team of people who are looking to change the face of the music industry and who wholeheartedly support open music. We want passionate individuals who believe in our mission and who will contribute new and creative solutions to our cause.
Here’s what you can expect from your internship:
- To become familiar with iOS Development and the iOS API
- Create new features and improve upon existing ones
- Improve your Objective-C understanding and skills
- Participation at an absolute minimum of 15 hours per week, but remember, the more effort you put in, the more you will get out of this
- Experience with Objective-C, iOS application development and the iOS API
- Have one or more iOS apps that showcase your work
- A desire to learn, and learn quickly
- A sense of self-reliance and the ability to manage your time wisely, without guidance
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and work well with a team
- A desire to work in mobile development
- An understanding of the CocoaTouch frameworks
- Experience with safe multi-threading in Objective-C (both with and without GCD)
- Experience with manual memory management in Objective-C
- Familiarity with C programming
- Experience with version control software especially git or other dvcs systems
***Note: This is an unpaid internship***
- An open-plan office, encouraging exposure to different teams at Grooveshark.
- Access to the Sound Bites cafe, where you can eat free!
- Free or discounted social events, shows
- Flexible hours
- Access to almost every video game console ever created
- Access to our jam room (Play any instruments? You’ll probably find them in here)
Grooveshark is an ecosystem that brings together music fans, bands, music labels, and brands. With more than 20 million users sharing over 15 million files, Grooveshark is one of the largest on-demand music services on the Internet. Along with providing free streaming music for our users, Grooveshark is also an instrument for artists, labels, and brands to develop new revenue sources from their music.
Grooveshark - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard