As an engineer at TenthBit, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a talented engineering and design team, who care about the quality and craft of their work. With over a million downloads, 2 million messages being sent between couples everyday, and 200 million messages sent in total, we have many interesting problems to solve. Here’s just a few of the engineering problems we’ve tackled:
If these are the types of problems you'd like to take on, drop us a line!
- Built a custom messaging infrastructure that combines websockets with a REST-like API to deliver messages between couples at top speed, including paranoid reconnect logic to keep them connected at all times. We don't use XMPP, instead evolving a speed centered in-house protocol that you will be able to contribute to.
- Working with large Core Data data-sets to handle 100,000 messages on a single device, while keeping app launch times low. If you've never worked with core data at this scale, the multi-threading details to keep the main UI thread unblocked and the app responsive is a new level of fun!
- Resorted to extreme table view optimizations for extra-smooth scrolling, from predictive image decoders to programatic pre-rendered alpha masks. All to avoid the slow downs from blending in Core Graphics.
Skills & Requirements
- Developing and prototyping new and exciting features for Couple
- Design the iOS architecture to allow for easy testing, prototyping and deployment
- Experienced in advanced iOS development
- Knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems
- Developed and released applications to the Apple App Store (Send links if any)
- Have experience using Git for source control
- We’re at 1235 Howard St., San Francisco, CA
About Couple app, by TenthBit Inc.
Couple is a rapidly growing mobile app that lets you communicate with your significant other in a more intimate and memorable way. With over 1 million downloads on iOS and Android, 2 million messages being processed per day, and 200 million messages sent between couples since we launched, we're digitizing the worlds relationships one couple at a time.
joelonsoftware - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard