Sapling Learning is an industry innovator in the field of interactive online homework for higher education and high school. The future sees us expanding our product offerings to incorporate ebook, STEM and other content and media. We keep abreast of the latest IT innovations for our online delivery systems, to make our programs run smoothly, efficiently, and with ease of use. To keep up with the creative pace, we recently moved into a larger office in downtown Austin to accommodate staff growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team of software engineers and will have a passion for building building large scale, mobile solutions. This role will work closely with the product and development teams, in an Agile environment, to build the next generation of mobile software that power Sapling Learning's education offerings.
This is a contract position, estimated to last 6 months, working in our offices in Downtown Austin.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Provide technical guidance, leadership, and oversight on assigned projects.
- Provide guidance and support to mobile application testing.
- Develop client-side code for iPad apps, while creating a sound mobile architecture.
- Build integration of iPad apps to back-end web services and objects.
- An understanding of, and practical experience, with integrating JSON and REST based services.
- Localize and internationalize mobile apps for markets outside of the US.
- Work with the development teams to ensure that technology implementation is consistent with the defined technology stack.
- Collaborate with user experience experts to design user interaction models, workflows and user interfaces.
- Collaborate and mentor junior developers.
- At least one professional iOS app published on Apple App Store.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years building and deploying, in a commercial production environment, complex applications for the iPad using Objective-C (C++ and C are plus) with Cocoa Touch and other frameworks.
- Experience with frameworks such as Foundation, UIKit, GLKit, Core Data and Security.
- Practical experience of developing an application that communicates with a RESTful Web Service.
- Experience in iOS security, encryption and data protection APIs.
- Experience in deploying iOS apps into App Store as well as distributing to enterprise
- Experience with MySQL, XML, JSON and Web Services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Results oriented individual that leads by example.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering degree.
Experience leading a team in an Agile Software Development environment.
Sapling Learning - 10 months ago