As an iOS developer, you’ll be joining a small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our iPhone application and the long-term vision of Etsy on mobile devices.
About the Mobile Team
Etsy’s mobile team is set on redefining what mobile, person to person commerce means. We are a tight-knit, passionate group that embraces hard work, supports creativity, and dreams big. The ideal candidates will bring energy, creativity, and humor to the team, along with deep expertise and a details-driven approach to their work.
About the Job
As an iPhone Developer, you will:
• Drive development of features that impact over 19 million Etsy members
• Take ownership and responsibility of the application with a holistic point of view
• Prototype new ideas and explore new technologies that are at the forefront of mobile technology and commerce
• Help code backend applications and features
• Work across disciplines with team members representing product, design, and web development
As an iPhone Developer, you are:
• Proficient in Objective-C and Cocoa
• Have published one or more applications in the App Store
• Well-versed in client/server architectures
• Competent in Cocoa design patterns and API design
• Passionate about end-to-end user experience design
• Comfortable closing Xcode and opening Vim to address a bug or add a feature to the backend API
• You love Etsy!
• You dig Etsy’s Vision
• You’re nice
Etsy is the marketplace we make together. We have 20 million members in over 200 countries. In 2012, our sellers grossed more than $850 million in sales. Our mission is to reimagine commerce to build a more fulfilling and lasting world.
Our offices are like this http://www.avc.com/a_vc/2010/09/the-office-matters.html and this http://www.officesnapshots.com/2010/10/11/etsy-offices/ . We're empowered and expected to be ourselves, share our ideas and figure out what we can each do to keep Etsy evolving. We have full company-paid benefits, including family and domestic partner benefits, humane working hours, couches, quiet spaces, lunch twice a week and handmade desks.
We're growing rapidly and are well-funded with a proven business model and established revenue to help us continue serving our community.
As you’ve probably guessed, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us--we want you to be like you! So write to us, in your own human voice, and tell us what you’re all about. What gets you up in the morning? What excites you? What throws your whole day off and causes you to pull your hair out?
If you have a presence on the web that we can easily access (Twitter, Facebook, GitHub, rap sheet), contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or practice a craft besides creating beautiful code, we would love to hear about it when you write!
Etsy is a marketplace, but it's also a community made up of many different individuals with many different lives and points of view.