Candidate will be for an individual contributor, responsible for developing media framework and device driver software for current and future iPod devices.
As an iPod Media Firmware Engineer, you will have responsibilities across many areas of embedded systems runtime environment.
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of embedded software development experience.
- Developing and maintaining iPod media drivers, including but not limited to graphics (2D/3D), audio, and video framework and device drivers.
- Performance and power profiling and optimizations
- Working with iPod Application developers to create/enhance iPod user experience
- Participate with Hardware board bring-up and validation of graphical components of iPod hardware
oProgramming in RTOS environment
- 2+ years of embedded software development experience
- Good understanding of one or more of audio, video, and graphics concepts
- Good understanding of software development for embedded systems:
oDeveloping software for performance, memory, and power-limited devices
oExcellent knowledge of C/C++
The following are not required, but nice to have:
- Familiarity with device driver development
Education:BS EE/CE/CS required
- Familiarity with XCode, and/or iOS app development
- Familiarity with debugging embedded devices
- Familiarity with audio and/or video codec drivers
- Familiarity with OpenGL
- Familiarity with audio and video codecs
Apple - 19 months ago
Apple Inc.designs, manufactures, and markets personal computers, portable digital music players, and mobile communication devices and sells...