Summary : Primarily responsible for the maintenance and administration of IBM iSeries, multiple partitions, including message handling, command line utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration and security setups, HMC Access, backup and restore, client access administration, external process and/or file transfer integration, and PTFs management. Also working knowledge of TCP/IP networking is required and experience with replication HA software (e.g., iTera or MIMIX) .
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Assist in daily administration of IBM iSeries computer hardware/software and system monitoring.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of iSeries computer hardware, software, networked devices and iSeries client-access software, journaling, MIMIX, etc.
- Maintain and improve procedures for system utilities, such as backups/restores using BRMS, performance tuning, configurations and perform daily and monthly backups of production systems and other backups as required.
- Experience with Advanced Job Scheduler, RVI and MPLUS would be beneficial.
- Load and test operating system and application software releases, and fixes in both development and production environments and load application and software patches.
- Hardware and software must be maintained and supported 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Ability to interface with the technical staff and client community to understand the business needs.
- Respond promptly to client problems and changing business needs while maintaining scheduled commitments.
- Responsible for monitoring help desk tickets during regular business hours.
- Off hours support as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
5+ years in Series-I system administration and troubleshooting.
3+ years in HA software like iTera or MIMIX.
3+ years experience in Microsoft office tools (i.e., Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Project) required.
Physical Requirements :
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to sit for 5 hours per day
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/are movements for simple reaching and or typing
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers, and handle or feel objects
Language Skills :
Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, analytical skills and the ability to explain complicated information to others that may not be knowledgeable about the subject matter are necessary.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Work Environment :
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in an office environment
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels. Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment. This position requires possible evening and weekend work as required.
ReaderLink - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard