Harvey Law Group is seeking a US Associate Immigration Attorney specializing in investment and real estate based immigration to join our team in Asia. Founded in 1992 by Jean François Harvey, the Montreal based Harvey Law Group (HLG) has maintained a presence throughout Asia, South America, and the Middle East since early beginnings. Today it has evolved into a leading Canadian multinational immigration and business law firm that has developed a worldwide reputation of excellence by providing sophisticated legal representation to businesses and individuals. With offices in Montreal, Hong Kong, Beijing, Ho Chi Minh City along with a regional and international network, HLG has an extensive team that can provide exceptional support to a diverse global clientele. We welcome you to visit our site to learn more about HLG at www.harveylawcorporation.com.
The applicant’s will reside in Beijing, China or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and travel frequently throughout Southeast Asia. The applicant will be responsible for processing investment immigration visa applications, primarily within the EB-5 and L-1 categories. Additionally, the candidate will meet with clients and educate HLG staff on the application process and requirements.
We expect the applicant to be extremely independent and resourceful, as they will serve as our expert on US immigration in Asia. The position will require the candidate to promote the United States as an immigration destination, which will require a deep knowledge and comprehension of the various visa categories and investment opportunities. The candidate will educate potential clients on the immigration process in order to develop the ideal US immigration strategy for the clients, their families, and their businesses. Finally, we believe this position offers a unique opportunity to enjoy a work and life balanced career, an expatriate experience, and a progressive work environment.
- Bar certified in any US State (Certificate of Good Standing should be provided upon request)
- Native speaker of English and preferably US Citizen
- 2-5 years of investment and employment immigration, with a strong track record of approvals
- Independent and self-sufficient with the ability to utilize network and resources to make effective decisions on case strategies in an environment where there is little knowledge of US immigration law.
- Extremely diligent and proactive with internal communication and client communication. Follow up and responsiveness will be crucial to this candidate’s success with HLG.
- Extraordinary organizational and time management skills needed to create, implement, and maintain tracking process for cases in order to facilitate updates and regular communication with partners and clients.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate to experience and qualifications. Candidate will be relocated to Asian office immediately upon their being hired.
Transcript and recommendations should be provided upon request
Thank you for your submitting your detailed cover letter and resume.