Requisition #: 13-013
Reports To: Director of Compliance
Location: Grand Terrace, CA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Assists in establishing, maintaining and monitoring compliance of all Import guidelines, policies, procedures and internal controls, including HTS classification , customs valuation, Free Trade Agreement Programs, Government Audits, Country of Origin documentation, Recordkeeping, Restricted Party screening, Anti-boycott regulations, C-TPAT, 10+2, ISF (Importer Security Filing). Provides training as needed/required to employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coaches others and demonstrates commitment to safety & continual improvement of OH&S performance, registered standards, company policy, integrity, ethics and legal compliance.
- Collaborate with internal/external teams to ensure proper documentation created and/or obtained for each import.
- Maintain updated detailed product information in the database.
- Major objective of the work is to assess Customs duties and associated taxes to be paid on imported merchandise, and to ensure compliance with related laws and regulations.
- Monitor and keep up-to-date on regulations and updates and train/update necessary departments
- Collaborate with distributors/customers to educate on import instructions and provide documentation, advice and feedback.
- Monitor overall Company compliance to ensure all departments are in adherence to policies.
- Collaborate with third party auditors on import policies.
- Provide continuous training to all departments exposed to import compliance.
- Monitor and provide annual training and forms from employees and distributors.
- Manages the day to day activities relating to the import program to assure compliance, accuracy, proper documentation, staff training and compliant packaging.
- Maintain Import Manual as deemed necessary to reflect changes with US Customs Regulations as they apply to PSG-Grand Terrace import transactions.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Import Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Maintain product HTS tariff classifications, Schedule-B classification, and monitor updates and changes applicable to these schedules.
- Maintain appropriate recordkeeping and due diligence in accordance with all governing regulatory requirements.
- Establish, enforce and monitor country of origin markings.
- Facilitates communication to all US Operations on any regulatory changes or updates.
- Attend training to keep current on regulatory changes.
- Must be knowledgeable of and adhere to the Company’s policies and procedures.
- Back-up for export responsibilities as needed.
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge/Skills/Experience/Education:
- B.A. or B.S. 4 year degree from an accredited university in logistics, supply chain or international business and/or related job experience.
- Knowledge of all applicable U.S. and foreign government import regulations as they apply to PSG-Grand Terrace.
- Logistics knowledge and experience in handling domestic and international freight carriers, forwarders and agents.
- Logistics knowledge and experience in handling US Customs and other government agencies.
- Must be able to conduct and lead meetings and ensure compliance goals and projects are achieved according to established guidelines, procedures, and policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Microsoft Outlook required.
Ability to travel on occasion.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.
Indeed - 13 months ago