Resco is a privately owned company with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Resco was founded in 1946 with a goal of becoming a leader in the specialty/monolithic refractories industry and has grown to become an innovative leader in the refractory industry with 14 plants plants located in six states and three countries. Our goal: become THE preferred vendor in the refractory industry.
We are currently seeking an Industrial Maintenance Supervisor for our East Canton, OH facility.
Working under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Industrial Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for coordinating and supervising the work of employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds and equipment. The Industrial Maintenance Supervisor must be capable of preforming actual “hands-on” maintenance activities such as repairs and preventative maintenance on various types of manufacturing machinery, including general working equipment and industry specific equipment.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to effectively communicate with all personnel at all levels of the operation. He/she will be a team builder with strong leadership skills and the ability to get results by directing other employees. Strong organizational skills in a fast paced industrial environment are required.
- Manage, plan, schedule and prioritize all maintenance work based on manufacturing schedule, equipment efficiency and parts and material supply.
- Supervise and coordinate maintenance employees' work activities and schedules.
- Implement weekly routine maintenance schedule in the assigned areas of the facility.
- Implement all preventive and predictive maintenance job plans as per schedule.
- Track maintenance budgets.
- Establish internal work standards and hold employees responsible to the agreed upon standards.
- Maintains strong working relationship with Union by following Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Promote good safety attitudes and awareness with employees through discussions and group safety inspections.
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Work closely and communicate with other managers on the status of tools, parts, services, inventory and supplies necessary for the proper maintenance of all equipment and the facility.
- High School diploma or GED certificate and three to five years of relevant maintenance experience
- One year industrial maintenance experience preferred.
- Proficiency in plant equipment and maintenance standards.
- Knowledge of predictive maintenance/preventive maintenance processes.
- Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus.
- Experience in a Union environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast paced industrial environment are required.
- Ability to safely move in and through work areas, including climbing stairs, maintaining good balance, being mentally alert, having good visual acuity, and safely working at heights.
- Ability to safely work in and around heavy industrial environment, including moving objects, fluids, concentrated chemicals, and transport vehicles.
Resco Products offers a comprehensive compensation package including:
Competitive base salary
Medical, dental, life and disability insurance
401(k) with Company match
On July 26, 1946, a rented barn in Philadelphia, PA, became the corporate headquarters of RESCO PRODUCTS, INC., then known as Refractory...