SALES & OPERATIONS LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
SALES & OPERATIONS PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Sales and Operations Leadership Development Program is a fast-paced, intensive program utilizing a balance of both on-the-job, on-line and classroom training. Associates are offered a significant foundation of knowledge required by any candidate seeking the challenge of future leadership positions across Hagemeyer. The program conveys operational policies and procedures by helping the participant become more familiar with standard site and corporate operations, sales strategies, six-sigma processes, procurement, project management and the business philosophy.
The program includes rotational modules in four areas: Warehouse/Operations/Logistics; Counter/Storeroom; Inside Sales; and Outside Sales, over an 12-month period. During each module, associates will be given clear objectives and will be required to complete a variety of assignments, classroom training, and oral presentations. Associates will also be assigned a mentor as well as given business cases or current business issues to resolve. Upon completion of each module associates will present their findings and recommendations to Senior Leadership. At the conclusion of the program, eligible associates will be placed into opportunities within the Hagemeyer organization.
- Expect to graduate in December 2012 or Spring 2013 with an undergraduate degree in Industrial Distribution; Operations Management; Sales, Supply Chain or Business Administration
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
- At least 0-1 years of professional experience (or internship) in Industrial Distribution, Operations, Sales or a related field
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate within all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking
- Ability to relocate to one of our top operational sites in the United States
- Strong interest in industrial distribution or electrical distribution sales
Roles & Responsibilities
Associate roles/responsibilities could include the following:
Warehouse, Operations & Logistics:
- Participate in all aspects of the general warehouse functions: receiving, put away, order processing, wire cutting, staging, shipping, picking & checking, delivery, etc.
- Review billing for incoming merchandise, process customer orders and handle internal and external customer requests
- Participates in safety training, enforces high level of site location safety process and practices
- Carries out operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of merchandise
- Coordinates activities of distribution warehouse with activities of sales, record control, and purchasing departments to ensure availability of merchandise
- Participate in all aspects of general storeroom/counter functions: greeting customers, preparing ship/pick up orders, entering branch transfers, etc.
- Meet customer needs by discussing uses and features of various products, recommending product mix, up selling and lead generation
- Manage counter inventory and operating assets; provide monthly/quarterly performance metrics; assist with developing counter budgets and forecast
- Examines returned part(s) to determine if defective, and exchanges part or refunds money
- Support branch operations performance with emphasis on customer service, operating expense and working capital
- Assist with purchasing/sourcing for branch
- Analyze market and delivery conditions to determine the present and future material availability
- Assists or handles customer quotations; lead generation and responsible for new customer account setups & communications
- Elevates potential sales lead and new customers to appropriate sales representative
- Assist with generating sales reports as needed
Hagemeyer offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes: 401k Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and more.
In order to be considered for an interview, you must:
- Submit your resume through your Indeed
Hagemeyer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V