The Manager of Information Technology will provide technology vision and leadership for developing and implementing information technology (IT) initiatives that improve cost effectiveness, health plan service quality, and business development in a constantly changing, competitive marketplace. The Director, IT participates proactively with other members of the health plan network senior management team in developing and executing strategic plans to optimize the use of information technology in support of health care and business objectives. The Director, IT participates in policy and decision making at the health plan network level regarding resource allocation and future direction and control of proposed information systems.
This position is designed to ensure the continuous delivery and operation of integrated business, administrative, and clinical related information systems. The Director, IT is responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation. The Director, IT reports to the CEO of the health plan network and supervises the organization's information systems staff. The Director, IT is responsible for coordination, facilitation, and consultation with all health plan network staff on information systems, communications, and patient management systems initiatives. The Director, IT will ensure that the health plan network is current with the information systems standards set by state and federal regulatory entities.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field. A master's degree in Health/Hospital Administration, or Business Administration, or related field, or other evidence of substantial business knowledge, is desirable.
- Participates as an integral and active member in the strategic planning process of the health plan enterprise.
- Coordinates, guides, and maintains IT systems strategic and operational objectives in support of the overall plan’s mission and business strategy. These objectives include a vision for meeting current and future information and technology needs for the health plan network, while ensuring alignment and integration of IT with the overall vision, mission, and values of the enterprise.
- Ensures that the plan maintains an enterprise systems architecture, adopting appropriate standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software, and interconnection of health plan network information systems.
- Provides advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems. Participates in negotiations of IT acquisition contracts with involvement and participation of other management team members, vendors, and external resources as appropriate.
- Provides responsive advice, counsel, education and service to the health plan network concerning IT issues and trends in the IT industry.
- Communicates IT plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
- Determines pertinent information required by management in making effective decisions. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occurs in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner through on-going review and education programs at executive, management and user levels.
- Promotes and oversees relationships between the health plan network's IT resources and external entities (e.g., government, vendors, researchers, and other health plan organizations).
At least 5 years of progressive experience in managing functions and departments dealing with information handling, work flow and systems. Three or more years of direct management of a major IT operation is preferred. Two or more years of experience in a health care setting is essential, preferably in IT planning to support strategic business goals.
Experience should also include substantial exposure to both in-house and shared or outsourced systems, multiple hardware platforms, and integrated information and communications systems. Specific experience with practice management, financial management and clinical management information systems is desirable.
CCHP is committed to serving our community and is devoted to delivering the highest quality health plan to the people and organizations we...