Under moderate supervision, designs, develops, tests, and documents new products and modifications to existing product. Works with teams and committees to resolve design, performance and production problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops new and innovative technologies as directed by the R&D Committee that will distinguish Wilden from other pump manufacturers. Modifies existing products to improve design, performance, assembly, or cost. Uses 2-D and 3-D CAD and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) skills to aid in design process.
- Interfaces with Testing personnel in developing tests to accurately evaluate performance of new product design, existing product modifications, and general investigations. Is knowledgeable of standard test procedure. Develops test plans, submits test requests, and evaluates and documents results in test reports. Specifies test equipment as required.
- Interfaces with Drafting personnel in finalizing drawings of new product design and existing product modifications. Generates and approves Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) to production drawings to correct for modifications to design, inaccurate dimensions and tolerances, or print errors.
- Interfaces with Purchasing personnel on vendor management and provides support for supplier changes, tooling moves and new tooling.
- Interfaces with Vendor personnel on design, test, prototype, and production of new product designs and existing product modifications. Visits vendor facilities to evaluate their manufacturing processes and technical abilities.
- Interfaces with Quality Control personnel to investigate out-of-tolerance parts. Evaluates Sample and First Article Inspections. Completes First Article Responses. Clearly indicates recommendations and action required for resolution of out-of-tolerance parts.
- Interfaces with Tool Room personnel on investigation of design ideas and the prototyping of non-production parts.
- Completes and maintains a variety of reports, records, and documentation as required for reference and use by others.
- Makes presentations to R&D Staff, internal personnel, Vendor personnel, and external distributor and customer personnel on completed work, project status and/or general overview. Travels to trade shows and conferences to represent Wilden and assist Sales & Marketing and to update knowledge on current advances in design, materials, competitor products, etc.
- Requires five to ten years of related on-the-job experience.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Good writing skills to accurately convey design ideas and wishes.
- Able to interact with people from a wide number of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Knowledge of materials, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanisms, and pumps.
- Computer application/programs; standard office equipment.
Dover PSG will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the U.S. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Five to 10 years on-the-job experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, valves, seals, bearings, submersible /centrifugal/turbine/gear pumps.
- Understanding of ASME Y14.5M-1994, Geometric Dimensions and Tolerancing (GD&T).
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Indeed - 8 months ago
Wilden Pump is a designer and manufacturer of air-operated, double-diaphragm pumps and accessories. Some of the industries served include;...