Our Client in Fort Worth, TX is looking for a Sr. Internal Auditor. This is a Temp-to-Hire position. If interested, please apply to this ad or send your resume and contact details with the job # and job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org The Internal Auditor, Senior audits records and processes of assigned programs, business units, and functional areas to ensure transactions are recorded according to applicable laws, regulations, General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), contract requirements, and internal policies. Performs audits independently and executes audit procedures with general supervision and direction. Principle Accountabilities JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES |
OTHER or ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares audit plans and performs audits of various internal departments in strict accordance with professional auditing standards and internal procedures.
- Reviews and evaluates the effectiveness of established controls and determines if controls are effectively designed.
- Identifies potential audit issues by considering impact of exceptions and assessing related risk.
- Determines whether further investigation is necessary, reaches conclusion based on a thorough analysis and develops recommendations to address any issues.
- Utilizes time wisely by prioritizing tasks according to risk ensuring timely completion of audit assignments and work papers.
- Effectively communicates with auditee, peers, and management, both orally and in writing
- May provide guidance or supervision to lower level auditors.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles, auditing standards and internal control framework.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting that includes spreadsheets and relational data base programs for data processing techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision, and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Costpoint and CCH TeamMate preferred.
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Institute of The Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and COSO is preferred.
- Ability to analyze operations in various functions/environments, identify procedural/control deficiencies, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written communications, listening, interviewing, and fostering open communications.
- Ability to seek and hold security clearance.
- Four (4) to six (6) years of previous internal audit experience or two (2) to three (3) years in public accounting.
- Previous experience may be combined with financial accounting experience but a minimum of two (2) years of audit is required.
- Prefer experience with government contract accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Candidate for CPA, CIA or equivalent certification
There's no mystery behind how Black Box does business. The company distributes and supports voice and data networking infrastructure....