IT Enterprise Project Manager
We are seeking Senior IT Enterprise Project Manager candidates with broad and deep expertise in PMI-based Project Management methodologies.
Selected candidates will act as a Senior IT Project Manager for projects in excess of $2 MM annually. The role requires managing large projects and matrixed teams across business and IT organizations, delivering complex Mobile and Web-based strategic customer-facing initiatives. Delivery methodologies include Waterfall and Agile SCRUM, requiring coordination and management of inter-depencies across multiple projects within the Program.
- Execute and deliver assigned project(s) on-scope, on-time, on-budget, with quality and customer satisfaction - promoting and executing through the use of project management methodology and tools and a continuous improvement mindset.
- Sets appropriate goals and priorities within own and team assignments
- Deliver accurate and timely project documentation for all required phases/gates
- Navigate through organizational dynamics and effectively coordinate/utilize resources
- Deliver program and/or project status to leadership
- Escalate issues with recommended solutions to appropriate parties
- Analyze and incorporate new information and concepts to understand their impacts on the program and/or project
- Set an example of an advocate for your business partner(s), developing a deep understanding of the business goals and the ability to represent them to others:
Include intersect points with all impacted business units and stakeholders
- Work actively with project sponsors, owners and team members to accurately set expectations on roles and responsibilities for all team members
- Play a part in the decision making process by collaborating with business partner(s) and portfolio managers on business issues.
- Foster collaboration and work effectively across teams to achieve project goals.
- Collaborate with business owners and portfolio managers on key business issues for resolution
- Work across key groups to ensure project understanding
- Ensure that all elements of a project are properly coordinated
- Understand and analyze the functional deliverables to identify the scope of major activities
- Work with the project team to develop estimates and project schedule
- Manage program and/or project financials, escalate variances and concerns to senior leadership along with recommendations for options/approach
- With the project team, develop and track a comprehensive risk management plan
- Coach/mentor matrixed team members on all execution activities
- Take actions for continuous improvement efforts (focus groups, giving and receiving peer feedback, etc.)
- Become an advocate, with business partners and project teams, for the PMO and for project management best practices
- Gain customer's trust by following through on commitments and assignments. Take ownership of mistakes or issues
- Understand and navigate organizational dynamics (including senior leadership)
- Adept at negotiating; able to adapt to different approaches using a variety of tactics
- Established creditability and partnerships with key business stakeholders
- With the PMO Leadership team, participate in decisions to change PMO processes and disciplines
- 5+ years IT Project Management experience
- Mobile and Web-based projects
- 10+ years overall IT experience
- Experience with Agile delivery methodology
- PMI certification
- Health Care experience highly desired
Indeed - 21 months ago