The Director Information Technology will plan, direct, and manage the IT activities and operations on a day to day basis. This includes administering the department’s budget and facilities, mentoring and developing a staff of five, and identifying system and process enhancements that will improve current and future business needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define and execute an IT strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives.
- Develop an annual business plan and operating budget for the department and monitor the implementation of these to ensure the financial targets are met.
- Define and seek approval for the level of IT resources required to meet business goals; prioritize and schedule major projects accordingly.
- Responsible for researching and evaluating new technologies and implementing new software systems.
- Direct the preparation and implementation of policies, procedures and standards relating to information and telecommunication systems.
- Monitor network security and supervise the entire network system of the organization.
- Assist in unit testing to verify the system functions satisfy business requirements.
- Evaluate software vendors and solutions.
- Negotiate service level agreements with both internal and external customers and service providers and monitor service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
- Accountable for the management, mentoring, and career development of all IT staff.
- Seek out and attends relevant industry workshops for the purposes of building individual professional development and keeping current with advancements within the field of information technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate complex business processes and application solutions to users at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving skills and comfort with ambiguity in addressing yet-to-be defined client business challenges especially where there is no precedent.
- Proficient in MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Access, MS-Visio, MS-SQL, PHP, Visual Basic, ColdFusion, MySQL, and Great Plains.
- Familiarity with graphic design software such as Adobe CD package.
- Fluency in Web 2.0 website back ends and SQL query languages.
- Experienced in Celerant, ITR, Visual 2000 PLM, Jesta S&D, Jesta Merchandising, Jesta Store, and Magento Systems preferred.
- Understanding of the standard packaged systems implementation process and software development life cycle.
- Strong team player: flexible, friendly, collegial, and enthusiastic.
- Four-year degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years experience in Information Technology.
- At least 3 years experience utilizing POS and ERP applications in a distribution, manufacturing, or retail environment preferred.
- Background in apparel, fashion, or related field is highly desirable.
J.McLaughlin, founded in 1977 by brothers Kevin and Jay McLaughlin, is a premier luxury clothing and accessories company that has become an innovator in vertical brand development and management. The brand has established its design ethos in tradition, yet always remains current and reflective of how the customer lives and travels today. The resulting look is more about style than fashion: straightforward, unpretentious, and devoid of the superfluous. Through sixty-six company-owned retail locations and a growing e-commerce market, J.McLaughlin is steadily expanding beyond the confines of New York City, where the brothers McLaughlin first began over 35 years ago.