The incumbent will assist the Senior Systems Engineers with ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of all Aristocrat Information Systems that support core business functions. Consistently provide professional and responsive Operational Support services to the business which achieves or exceeds Service Level Agreements.
Technical Support & Administrative Functions:
- Provides advanced technical support and administration of the core infrastructure systems including but not limited to: Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems; Active Directory, Linux (Red Hat, OpenSuse, Ubuntu), MS Exchange, Vertitas Enterprise Vault, SQL Server, MS SharePoint, MS Live Communications, Symantec Altiris, Symantec Ghost Suite, McAfee suite and VMWare/Windows virtualization technologies.
- Works closely with the Head of Global Infrastructure Solutions, Senior Systems Engineers and Regional Service Delivery Manager to ensure exceptional customer service for all support needs. Resolves issues in a timely manner and enters resolution into the Service Centre tracking system as needed.
- Administration of the Altiris system to ensure that; collections are maintained; applications are packaged and ready for deployment; all Aristocrat equipment has an agent installed; Patches are up-to-date.
- Development and maintenance of SOE images for new and existing equipment and update of such images where required.
- Setup and evaluation of new software and systems to determine SOE and network compatibility.
- Support and maintenance of anti-virus distribution system including master and distributed repositories. Implement and maintain client and server anti-virus policies and tasks. Monitoring of virus alerts globally.
- Develops, documents and prepares drawings, procedures, processes and other related documentation for all labs, classrooms, or other aspects of work performed or environments created.
- Provide disaster recovery protection to critical data by ensuring backup program is properly configured, administered and maintained; maintain proper configuration and use of tape library, LTO drive & Backup software – develop and test recovery processes.
- Serves as a technical expert for mentoring more junior Support Engineers and provide L3 IT Service Centre Support as needed. Serve as a backup to level-2 support engineers when required.
- Provides input and helps to implement/enforce network and security policies. Ensures virus management and security systems are updated and operating properly.
- Provides intermediate support for network infrastructure including HP Switches, Cisco switches, routers, firewalls and access servers
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or a related field, or an equivalent IT tertiary qualification.
- Requires three to five years of Information Technology/Network/System Administration experience or its equivalent.
- Experience working in large enterprise environments preferred
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) required with 3+ years of equivalent Systems Engineer experience.
- CCNA certification a plus.
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat, OpenSuse, Ubuntu) a plus.
- IT Security Certification such as Security+ and/or CISSP is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server and desktop operating systems required.
- Basic knowledge of switches, routers and firewalls required.
- Experience supporting a Training and/or R&D environment preferred.
- Experience with a project management methodology, processes and tools is a plus but not required.
- Comprehension of ITIL methodology.
- Must be customer service oriented and have exceptional verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must have strong communication skills, be able to work independently and be team oriented.
Indeed - 20 months ago
With over 60 years’ experience and over 2,200 staff globally, Aristocrat has built a reputation as a premium supplier of...