CaseStack, a leader in logistics outsourcing and consolidation, has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine and Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50, and Global Logistics & Supply Chain Strategies named the company one of the "100 Great Supply Chain Partners". As an employer, CaseStack has been honored as “One of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles" in 2011 and 2012, and was named a finalist for the 2012 Arkansas Governor’s Work-Life Balance Award.
CaseStack provides technology-enabled logistics services including warehousing, transportation and related services to consumer packaged goods (CPG) companies. We are an ambitious organization with a passion for customer service and a proven track record in providing superior logistics solutions. We seek aggressive, self-motivated leaders with the confidence and desire to be part of a high-performance team.
This position is based in our Corporate Office in Santa Monica, CA.
CaseStack is seeking someone to define and manage our IT infrastructure. We are seeking a seasoned IT professional with at least 5 years of experience whose background is comprised of varied technical expertise and the ability to work with leadership to develop an IT department and budget around the company’s ever-changing needs. We expect that this individual will be able to hit the ground running, managing all aspects of CaseStack’s IT environment.
The CaseStack environment consists of 100+ employees on a Windows platform spread out across our California and Arkansas offices as well as in the cloud.
- Troubleshoot daily hardware, software and network issues with staff, including staff in remote offices or traveling.
- Maintain accurate and complete inventory of hardware, software and virtual assets.
- Purchase, install, upgrade and manage staff workstations, department and company-wide servers, routers, switches, wireless, etc.
- Maintain a secure networked environment by applying security best practices related to application, workstation and server usage; ensure security patches are applied in an appropriate manner; instruct staff on best practices.
- Ensure RPO and RTO objectives are met for all company applications and communications by implementing a solid IT Service Continuity plan for all aspects of the infrastructure.
- Manage and verify local and cloud-based system backups including development and maintenance of custom scripts used to facilitate backups.
- Manage and support cloud-based tools used by staff for collaboration, communication, projects and product-based work.
- Manage local, active directory and cloud-based user accounts.
- Manage software purchases.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and methodologies that might benefit the company.
- Work with department or team leaders to develop and implement technical projects.
- Work with department leaders to define and refine standard toolsets for CaseStack employees.
- Work with department leaders to define a technology budget for the organization.
- Manage Help Desk by providing ongoing support for daily issues ranging from scheduled maintenance, help desk requests, troubleshooting, and server/resource availability. Manage work load for level 1 and 2 IT support staff and provide direct support for level 3 issues. Prepare for, document, and request any further support needs from other departments or outside support. Serve as one of the initial-points-of-contact for support. Forward to the appropriate department misdirected support requests intended for related areas such as Systems Analysts or Software Development.
- BS Computer Science or related degree.
- Workstations - In-depth knowledge of recent Windows versions.
- Hardware - The ability to install, troubleshoot and potentially replace components of network and computer hardware including replacing hard drives, adding memory, etc.
- Virtualization - Creating and maintaining private and public clouds, specifically with VMware.
- Windows Servers - Working knowledge maintaining Microsoft’s Active Directory and supporting Windows servers; managing accounts; leveraging AD to manage servers and workstations; experience with IIS and MS SQL Server.
- Network Administration - Experience configuring firewalls, VPN, routers, switches, wireless access points and VLANs; managing DNS, DHCP.
- VOIP and Digital PBX Administration – maintain telephony infrastructure and voice related products such as conferencing and voicemail.
- Monitoring - Use monitoring tools to measure system and network performance and to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Backups - Knowledge of backup strategies (disk-to-disk, offsite, etc.).
- Software - The ability to install and configure new software packages; research more efficient software deployment methods.
- Security - Implementing monitoring tools; defining and enforcing best practices.
- Programming - Experience with scripting or other high-level languages.
- Ability to learn independently or with limited assistance.
- Experience developing operating and capital expense budgets.
- Best practices related to delivering IT as a service and a support-oriented mentality.
- Experience managing helpdesk.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k)), and are looking for individuals that have the motivation and desire to grow within this fast-paced environment.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to Human Resources.
CaseStack, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer supporting a drug-free working environment. We conduct pre-employment drug testing and background screening.
Indeed - 16 months ago