Moving America where it wants to go.
Amtrak connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance. We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
Are you ready to join the Amtrak team?
TBD - Philadelphia, PA/Washington, DC/Wilmington, DE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The IT Process Analyst is responsible for conducting IT process redesign, including identifying key processes to redesign, directing redesign efforts, and determining net impact of changes. This position is responsible for maintaining all documentation pertaining to tracking current process flows.
- Interviewing process owners and documenting and analyzing technical processes in order to support informed decision making.
- Identifying current state of process flow through the conducting of audits.
- Managing IT process catalog, including conducting periodic reviews of the catalog.
- Working with the Six Sigma team and other IT functions to develop new or enhanced process flows.
- Recognizing and documenting value-add and non-value-add steps in the various IT processes. * Improving process flow by developing new process flow models including their validation.
- Understanding drivers for change and articulating high level requirements.
- Creating strong business cases for process changes.
- Analyzing current process flow metrics involving quantity, quality, time, and cost; and preparing cost/benefit analysis.
- Recommending process flow improvement priorities including evaluating new technologies.
- Developing, organizing, and running trainings to support process management through the IT department.
Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience.
- Requires some relevant process improvement experience.
- Expertise with Microsoft Visio or similar process flow design program.
- Proven ability with process flow design.
- Proven ability to redesign complex IT processes.
- Proven ability working successfully in a collaborative environment.
- Proven ability collecting and synthesizing large amounts of technically complex data from disparate sources.
- An exceptional attention to detail, particularly documentation concerns.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Experience working in a highly technical environment.
- Six Sigma or other process redesign certification.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for this position. All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.