The IT Project Manager - Change & Delivery is responsible for the management of vendors, internal business partners, and IT department project activities to deliver quality business solutions to the organisation within the agreed scope, budget, and timeframe.
The IT Project Manager - Change & Delivery is seen as a skilled and experienced individual who is able to deliver multiple cross functional projects, adhering to the practices and disciplines of industry standards.
- Project Governance: Project Management within established internal project governance, and the practices and disciplines of the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Project Management Artifacts: Creation and maintenance of the required project artifacts expected of the project, including the project management plan, project schedule, project registers (risk, change, issues), change management plan, project reporting, project communications, implementation plans, and review documents.
- Solution Delivery: Delivery of solutions to meet agreed business objectives, which are cost effective, measurable and scalable to suit business strategy, capacity and expected growth patterns.
- Teamwork: Collaborate and work with Business Analysts, Solution Architects, and other team members developing scopes for projects and process improvement initiatives as required.
- Professionalism: Maintain positive working relationships will all levels of the business to achieve optimum project outcomes and to promote the professionalism of the Project Management function at Aristocrat.
KEY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Customer Focused: Possess a customer focused attitude by understanding the customers business needs and expectations; delivering constructive feedback, meeting deadlines, and working together to ensure the deliverables and timeframes are understood. * Team Building: Knowing what makes a successful team; finding a balance within the team to ensure it operates at its optimum, movivating and encouraging the team to maintain cohesion and excel at its objectives.
- Planning: Knowing how to create work breakdown structures, identification and allocation of tasks, confident in providing estimatations, and being pragmatic when dealing with changes whether they be customer or project driven.
- Results Orientated: Be able to assess the many factors that affect the delivery of a project, ensuring that the decision made will deliver the optimum outcome for the project; adhering to schedules and delivery of the defined and agreed scope. * Communication: Maintaining the support of the project team, sponsor and owner, stakeholders, and end users through meanful, concise, and explicit communications; adhering to the required project artefacts and providing transparency and visibility to the project.
- Tertiary qualifications with an IT emphasis.
- PMI Certification such as PMP is prefferred but not a requirement
- At least 7 years experience as a Project Manager in a medium sized (2000+ employees) company.
- Extensive experience managing IT and business change projects.
- Understanding of the full life cycle of project management; including planning, budgeting, estimating, vendor/customer management, and internal negotiations is required.
- Experience and expertise in project management using the waterfall methodology.
- Experience managing projects using project management tools such as Clarity and Microsoft Project.
With over 60 years’ experience and over 2,200 staff globally, Aristocrat has built a reputation as a premium supplier of...