GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Support end-user environment, responsible for maintenance of end-users for all Eastern Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. locations, including hardware and software support, troubleshooting network and desktop issues to maximize productivity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain & monitor Helpdesk calls
- Install / configure manage / upgrade Windows XP, Windows 7, and Legacy Version OS
- Support user issues for Hendersonville and the remote business units
- Build, install, configure and maintain PC’s, company software, laptops, printers and other peripherals within LAN/WAN environment
- Provide end user support for remote access services, e.g. VPN
- Configure and maintain connectivity between workstations and LAN/WAN
- Perform daily backups – Backup Exec
- Ability to resolve helpdesk issues and escalate if necessary
- Must have the skills and ability to diagnose and instruct users to solve issues over the phone
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written form
- Knowledge of computer hardware components
- Knowledge of network LAN/WAN environment
- Understanding of IP Routing & Protocols
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot network problems
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A+ Certification
- Microsoft Certification
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience troubleshooting and installing PCs in a network environment
- Experience with Microsoft Operations Systems, installation and troubleshooting
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and other Windows Applications
The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. The duties and responsibilities of this position are subject to change and other duties may be assigned or removed at any time.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER