Develops cost–effective information technology solutions by creating new and modifying existing software applications. This position works closely with clinical analysts to develop technical designs and software architectures, build systems spanning N-tier and client/server architectures, including UI interface, middle-tier business logic, and back-end database implementations. Strong team skills, with ability to multitask along with proven reliability and track record in a contractor role; Strong drive to learn, with a “problem solving” attitude. Viable candidates will be able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of software architectures, UI design and usability principles, Java and framework technologies, and database architectures. In addition, incumbents must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to present findings concisely and effectively. A strong commitment to team work and collaboration is essential. Must be able to produce products quickly and be proactive at removing barriers and possess the ability to pick up complex environments very quickly.
· Exhibit deep understanding of J2EE including knowledge of JSP, Servlets, EJB, JMS messaging, session management.
· Exhibit proficiency with development tools such as Eclipse IDE, Weblogic, and relational databases, such as Oracle. Candidate must be able to quickly familiarize themselves with the application environment.
· Responsible for the design, development, coding, testing, debugging and documentation of applications to satisfy the requirements of one or more user areas and include hands-on new development as well as support, maintenance or enhancement of existing applications.
· Collaborate with other developers to troubleshoot issues, identify solutions and implement fixes.
· Thoroughly develop, review and test code to ensure proper performance. Candidates must be comfortable providing unit tests and documentation with each solution.
· Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and makes recommendations.
· Candidate must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to discuss business requirements and articulate complex technical concepts in simple terms is an absolute necessity.
· Strong foundation in Java technologies and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of core libraries, design patterns, J2EE/EJB, JSP, Servlets.
· Development tools and platforms: Eclipse, Weblogic, Oracle 9i/10g/11g.
· Understanding of object-oriented concepts as well as relational database design and SQL.
· Knowledge of version control tools like Subversion etc.,
· Familiarity with web services and integrating with other applications.
· Knowledge of application development SDLC, processes and tools.
· Strong written and verbal communication.
· Excellent work ethic.
· Healthcare IT experience is preferable but not required.