Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline is an interstate natural gas transportation company, headquartered in Owensboro, KY. Southern Star operates a 6,000-mile pipeline system transporting natural gas from Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Wyoming and Colorado to markets in the Mid-continent.
Southern Star provides a fun, friendly, and modern working environment as well as competitive salaries and excellent benefits. We are seeking an experienced or developing professional with skills and qualifications in the following area:
Job # 13-203 – Administrator, Field – Shawnee, KS
This position reports directly to the Manager of North Region in Field Operations. This position is accountable for providing administrative support for one or more person(s) under general supervision. This position performs tasks and projects of increasing complexity, relying on established guidelines, general direction, and increasing experience. Work experience and classes from Company will familiarize employee with processes, procedures, guidelines, regulations, and policies of Company, department, and industry.
Primary responsibilities include (but not limited to): providing all administrative services for assigned work site(s), overseeing site(s) records, assisting with area’s regulatory and Company compliance activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage and audit invoices, reimbursements
- Input budget data, assist with budget maintenance
- Assist with project setup, tracking, and administration using dedicated Company software
- Assist with inventory maintenance, audit
- Acquisition of increased knowledge regarding applicable federal, state, and local regulations impacting area(s) for which administrative duties are provided
- Begin to provide feedback to make processes, forms, and procedures more efficient and effective
- Manage mail
- Produce written communications, reports, documents, records
- Enter, extract, report on and manipulate information and data within position-specific systems
- Manage assigned electronic and hard-copy records
- Perform routine clerical tasks (creating correspondence in various formats, word-processing, proofreading, filing, invoice management, keeping meeting minutes, answering telephones, managing site access [monitor gate, visitor log, badging, etc.], assisting with employee events; light housekeeping, assist with travel arrangements/meetings, assist with maintenance of site(s) calendar(s) and data for webpage, etc.)
- Help on-board new hires
- Help set up/manage local contracts
- Serve as Company liaison at community events, help with volunteer efforts
- Begin to provide guidance to less experienced Administrators
- Process confidential forms and records
- Oversee licensing/local taxation issues of area’s vehicles
- Input data into/maintain/create and run reports from various systems
- Assist with completion, creation, filing, management of required forms, permits, and reports within Company and for governmental requirements
- Maintain departmental files in compliance with applicable law, regulation, policy and/or procedure
- Assist with gathering data and records for and analyzing and responding to recommendations stemming from internal/external audits
Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license and insurability
- 2+ years’ experience in office setting providing administrative, clerical, office management services
- Highly analytical, detail oriented
- Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or equivalent
- Ability to take instruction from multiple individuals
- Experience requiring good time management skills and the ability to successfully complete assignments with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work overtime with or without notice
- Ability to work in open office environment and, in some situations, outdoors in varied weather conditions
- Ability to provide direction to others and work with individuals throughout the organization
- Experience successfully applying basic business concepts
- Ability to read and understand directions, policies, procedures and requirements and adhere to the same
- Associates degree in business or similar
- Knowledge of basic budgeting concepts
- Basic level skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and Access or equivalent
- Experience in a unionized business setting
Working Location: Shawnee, KS
How to apply:
If you have qualifications we need, want a job that uses your existing skills and encourages you to develop new ones, provides varied work challenges, and allows you to work with a great group of people, this position might be a perfect fit. Please forward your resume, which should provide evidence of how you meet each minimum requirement mentioned and any preferences listed, to: SSCGP HR Department, Job Postings, PO Box 20010, Owensboro, KY 42304. You must include the Job# identified above or your resume will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
SSCGP is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We thank all applicants for their interest, but will only respond to those selected for interviews.
Note: Relatives of employees are not eligible to apply. Relatives mean an employee’s spouse (including common law or domestic partner), parent, grandparent, child (including step, foster, legally adopted or placed for adoption, or other child over which you have legal guardianship), grandchild, sibling, uncle, aunt, niece or nephew, and in-laws of the same status.
Indeed - 9 months ago
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline (SSCGP) is an interstate natural gas transportation company, headquartered in Owensboro, KY. SSCGP...