BCM Global Tech has a great contract to hire opportunity for a Jr./Mid SQL Server DBA with one of our clients in Denver Colorado.
The duration of this contract is for 6 months with the possibility of extending.
*This position will be responsible for database administration for Microsoft SQL Servers.
-This includes database backup and recovery as well as database tuning and maintenance plan creation for production servers as well as for development/test servers.
-Working with and consultants on the maintenance of databases.
-The DBA will ensure that the required databases are backed up and recoverable; working with IT staff on the migration of legacy databases off of an existing SQL database instance to a newer existing instance (virtual).
-This will require working with programmers to identify the databases impacted, migrating these databases to the virtual instance, ensuring all objects and data w/in the database are migrated, setting up security groups in Active Directory and SQL Server and troubleshooting connectivity issues.
- Two years (full-time equivalent) of professional or technical experience in the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server databases and the Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Backup and restore strategies for Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Microsoft SQL Server maintenance plans.
- Conduct the analysis and research needed to ensure adequate access to databases for development, production use, and backup/restore operations.
- Transact SQL language for querying Microsoft SQL Server databases for the purposes of database maintenance and health assessments.
- Microsoft Active Directory and the setting up of security groups in AD that interact with associated security groups in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Microsoft SQL Server migration strategies, moving databases and associated database connections from one SQL Server to another.
- Experience with project work including the ability to create project timelines and resource requirements.
- Job Type: Contract to hire
- Duration: 6+ months (possible extend)
- Location: Denver
- Pay Rate: 30.00 to 35.00 per Hour
- Background Check: Yes
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required (must reside in Colorado)
For consideration, please respond with a brief cover letter, updated resume (as WORD attachment), rate, and references
Indeed - 7 months ago
BCM Global Technologies Consultants Inc. specializes in providing qualified technical staffing resources and solutions to a multitude of...