Pay Rate: $70-$90 /hr
Terms: Contract 1099, or Contract W2, or Contract Corp-to Corp
Duration: 6-12+ months
Location: San Jose, CA
Gorilla Logic is a rapidly growing software consulting company located in the heart of downtown Boulder, with additional offices in New York and Bangalore and with large amount of customers across the nation. With established expertise in building enterprise apps for web and mobile, Gorilla Logic has a hefty portfolio of Fortune 500 and Fortune 100 clients. Our 85 person team works with technologies such as Java, Flex, HTML5, JQuery, Android, iOS, PHP and many more. Because of our talented engineers and extreme success across multiple industries, we are the industry's GORILLAS. We continuously strive to seperate ourselves from our competitors by hiring top-tier talent, and that's why we are interested in YOU.
We have an challenging and rewarding opportunity with one of our top San Jose based clients. This front end development project is with one of the world's premier online marketplaces, and would be a benefit to anyone's career and resume.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Define, design, and implement complex, multi-tier distributed software applications. Segment and design system layers to support component and layered application development, including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
- Work with other engineers, managers, product managers, QA, and operation teams to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability while meeting realistic implementation schedules and adhering to development goals and principles.
- Estimate engineering efforts, plan implementations, and rollout system changes.
- Independently design, code and test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts and share on-call responsibilities.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- BS/BA in CS or related field.
- 10+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications in Windows or Linux development environments.
- Project experience with Apache Tomcat or other J2EE application servers like IBM WebSphere or BEA WebLogic.
- Must have experience developing high traffic customer-facing web applications, that interact with a database.
- Must have expertise in object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java.
- Must have working knowledge of HTTP, HTML, XML, Java, SQL, and working with relational databases, with a preference for Oracle experience.
- Must have working knowledge of JSP or Velocity or Freemarker.
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment.
- Must be very strong with pure Java
- Must have experience in high-traffic customer-facing web applications
- Experience in classifieds or mobile-type business a definite plus
This project requires consultant to be on-site in San Jose.
No third party recruiters.
Please no phone calls about this position.