Performs inspections and gathers data on production and R&D composite core, hardware, etc. according to established procedures, to determine conformance to accepted specifications for a particular property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform testing on production and R&D composite core to certify quality and adherence to specifications.
- Operate DMA test machine to determine glass transition temperature of composite core.
- Operate tensile test machine to determine tensile strength of composite core.
- Prepare samples for determining tensile strength and glass transition temperature.
- Organize and maintain archive for DMA test samples of production and R&D composite core.
- Organize and maintain archive for tensile test samples of production and R&D composite core.
- Analyze and record DMA test data for production and R&D composite core.
- Clean tensile test fixtures.
- Use of small/large hand tools as required.
- Must have the ability to properly document all work on the batch record, protocol, or related forms.
- Maintain good work place organization, and housekeeping.
- Obey all safety rules.
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Good technical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have good team and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to take initiative and have manual dexterity.
- Requires minimum supervision and corrections to perform duties.
- Understanding of basic computer skills along with operational knowledge of DMA and tensile testing equipment.