Seattle Safety is looking for a qualified individual to fill an opening for LabVIEW Developer. Seattle Safety designs, manufactures, and installs advanced crash test sled systems that are used in automotive and aeronautical industries. The duties of the LabVIEW Developer include:
- Work with current team members with varying levels of LabView experience to restructure existing crash test software and to do so in such a manner as to ensure each are able understand and work with code.
- Supports all aspects of software application design, development, testing, deployment, and support.
- Analyze the current and future needs of the software in order to properly select the type of architecture and structure best suited for the new application.
- Perform software testing at a unit and integration level to ensure expected behavior.
- Comment code clearly and consistently throughout the development process.
- Prepare and maintain software flowcharts, layouts, and diagrams as needed to demonstrate solutions to outside staff.
- Troubleshoot and repair any functional software bugs that may arise.
- Investigate opportunities for system improvement through new software approaches.
- Candidates must be located in the US, the northwest would be ideal.
Furthermore, the ideal candidate would possess the following skills:
- Intermediate to Expert knowledge of LabVIEW. LabVIEW Certified Developer or Certified Architect are a plus.
- Passing understanding of industrial controls.
- Familiarity with a minimum one low-level programming language (C, C#, VB, Ladder, etc)
- Familiarity with data acquisition concepts and hardware.
- Discipline and organization with respect to software maintenance and version management. Experience with source configuration management tools a plus (CVS, ClearCase, Perforce, etc.)
- Experience with sophisticated feedback control systems.
- Experience with LabVIEW RTOS and PC Real Time Computers
- BSCS, BSEE, or BSCmpE are preferred but not required depending on experience.
- Ability to work both alone and with colleagues to solve problems and to weigh the merits of differing approaches.
Pay is commensurate with skills and qualifications of the applicant.
Indeed - 19 months ago
Seattle Safety (SESA) manufactures high capacity, large payload sled systems for dynamic crash/impact testing in automotive, aerospace, and...